11.09.2014

I love the days when it shines, whoa let it shine

When I hear nature I hear freedom, 

I hear the birds singing their sweet songs, and the wind in the trees. 

I hear sunshine and grass growing and freedom.

And then I hear my cell phone go off

ring
 ring 
ring
 ring
ring
 ring 
ring 

and it reminds me that I can't sit on the beach of this little pond of freedom forever.

It reminds me that I need to get back to life, and what is important.

college applications
school
graduation packages
work
home
electricity
smoggy air
paved roads
electric cars
oil prices
the stock market

but why is this soo important?

Why is it so important that we be successful when we aren't even seeing the beauty and joy around us, when we're not feeling the sunshine or hearing the birds?

Lets all wake up and escape this

this concrete jungle,
this urban lifestyle,
this prison they call school,

and smell the roses
take a hike
ride a bike
write a poem
go a week without showering
live out of a backpack
learn to play the guitar
go up the canyon
take up a new hobby
learn a new language
go camping
build a fire
ride a horse
skydive
leave your cell phone at home
build a snowman

lets take it back to the simple times when people enjoyed the day, and were apart of nature not annoyed by nature.

Carpe diem --seize the day


(yeah I took all of these)








5 comments: