11.02.2014

And Now We're Here


Its like we were just talking yesterday, 
about how we're going to catch a train and ride it to the end of the tracks
and live happy and free. 
Because nobody makes it out alive, 
so we might as well live it up while we still can. 

We said that we're not going to waste a second of our summer.
Then we sat inside and watched cartoons in our pajamas and wasted the days away.
We said we were going to invent something that could save the world, 
and we would be rich together, 
but those were just silly dreams that never came true. 

Then we grew up,
and grades mattered, 
and girls mattered,
and sports teams mattered,
and we didn't have any time for cartoons or pajamas because we were working our lives away

And now we're here,
well you're gone and I'm here. 
But I'm not sad, because I know you wouldn't want that, 
and because I know you're still here, and that you're watching.


3 comments:

  1. I think you're brilliant.
    I also think the way you write is brilliant.
    You feel things in a way most people can't. There's something about it.
    the last paragraph of this hit me.
    like a bullet wound to the heart.
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing to see the difference in the way people write. Hold on to your style, it is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. because nobody makes it out alive.

    very true you have a gift my friend

    ReplyDelete